You have the ability to change the default font to any font that is installed on your system; the only restriction is that you are limited to the fonts that are installed on your system. So, what are the steps you need to follow in other to accomplish this? We will show you in this piece of article, take a look at the steps below:
- Change Fonts in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and Outlook for Microsoft 365
- Change Fonts in Outlook 2007 and 2003
- Change the New Message Default Font on Outlook.com
Change Fonts in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and Outlook for Microsoft 365
Following these steps will allow you to change the default font in Outlook’s desktop version.
- From the navigation bar, choose File > Options from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Mail category from the navigation bar on the left.
- Make your stationery and typefaces more distinctive.
- Select Font: from the drop-down menu for each of the parts you wish to change.
- New mail messages change the default font in emails.
- Replying or forwarding messages changes the font used whenever you respond or forward an email.
- Composing and reading plain text messages changes the appearance of plain text messages for you only; plain text messages transmitted to others remain in plain text. • Replying to or forwarding messages changes the font used when responding to or forwarding an email.
If you already have a theme or stationery set up, you may turn it off by clicking Theme and then Disable Theme and Stationery (No Theme).
- Choose the font, style, size, color, and effect that you want to use.
- Select OK once again to close the Signatures and Stationery window and all of Outlook’s configuration options.
Change Fonts in Outlook 2007 and 2003
Changing the default fonts in Outlook 2007 and 2003 is a process that is quite comparable. The screenshots that follow are for Outlook 2007, and any variations between Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003 will be indicated in the description.
- Options can be found under Tools > Options in the menu bar.
- Select the Mail Formats tab from the drop-down menu.
- Make your stationery and typefaces more personal.
Users of Outlook 2003 will need to select Fonts from the drop-down menu.
- Select your favorite font styles, sizes, and colors from the drop-down menus under New mail messages, Replying or forwarding messages, and Composing and viewing plain text messages, respectively.
- Confirm your selection by clicking OK.
- After that, press the OK button to close the Options menu.
- At this time, the default font features should be permanently changed.
Change the New Message Default Font on Outlook.com
The instructions below will walk you through the process of customizing the fonts used in your outgoing messages in Outlook.com. The default typeface for messages displayed on Microsoft Outlook.com cannot be customized, unlike the program versions of Outlook.
- Select Settings > View all Outlook options from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Mail > Compose and respond to the message.
- Select the font dropdown menu under Message format and then the new default font you want to use from the list that appears. Besides that, you can change the default font size, make text bold, italic, or underlined, as well as change the default font color.
- After you’ve made your font selections, click Save when you’re finished.
- When creating new messages, Outlook.com will now use the fonts that you have already selected.