Using a desktop computer, this article will lead you through the steps of resetting your Yahoo email password.
- What You Need to Know About Resetting the Password for Your Yahoo Email Account
- What to do if you do not have a secondary email address or a mobile phone
What You Need to Know About Resetting the Password for Your Yahoo Email Account
Navigate to the Sign-In Helper page and follow the verification methods that are most convenient for you. If you have forgotten your Yahoo Mail password, you may reset it here.
- At the bottom of the sign-in screen, select Forgot password from the drop-down menu.
- Select your preferred mode of account verification: SMS, Gmail, or email.
- If you choose text, enter your phone number and then click Submit to receive a code by text. If you chose to send an email, proceed to the next step in the process. Follow the on-screen prompts to log into your Gmail account if you select it as your default email service.
- Use the text or email as a guide to find and enter the verification code on the Yahoo website.
- Follow any additional on-screen instructions that may appear.
After you’ve regained access to your account, change your Yahoo Mail password to something you’ll remember; it’s recommended that you choose a strong email password.
What to do if you do not have a secondary email address or a mobile phone
If you do not have a secondary email address or a mobile phone, you might consider getting one.
Without a backup email address or phone number, the automatic process will be unable to re-enter your Yahoo Mail account and you will lose access to it.
The next step should be to get in touch with Yahoo Help. When contacting Yahoo support, you may be asked to provide additional information in order to verify your identity, such as contact information from your Yahoo Mail address book.